Effective: January 8, 2020
We provide the Services through the Platform—among other things, the Services provide a mobile platform to help users of the Services locate and determine the prices of live and boiled crawfish ("Searchers") by searching The Crawfish App's database of live and boiled crawfish sellers ("Vendors") (Searchers and Vendors are collectively referred to as the "Users"). We collect your information through your use of the Services.
This Policy describes:
- Information that we receive from you when you interact with the Services
- How we process the information that we receive
- When and Why information is disclosed to third parties
- Your choices regarding the processing of your information
Types of Information We Collect
We collect various kinds of information that you provide to us and that we obtain from your use of the Services. Some of the types of information that we collect include:
- Information used in creating and using a Services account, such as your name, location, phone number, email address, and a means to authenticate your account;
- Your account preferences and settings;
- Actions you take while using the Services;
- Content you submit, such as comments, messages, responses, support requests, webform submittals, or any other information that you provide through the Services
- Contact information of Vendors that you believe are interested in the Services and that have given you permission to share their information with us so that they can be contacted
- Information about the location of the device used to access the Services
- Your technical and general Internet usage information (e.g., your browser type; service provider; IP address; operating system; webpages visited; length and frequency of your visits; and metadata, such as the date and time of a shared comment)
- Information about transactions you conduct on the Services
- For Vendors, financial information you provide when you initiate a payment transaction, such as credit card, debit card, or bank account details
- Information that you provide us related to prizes and sweepstakes that are sometimes made available on the Services (including through our social media accounts)
- Information necessary to detect and prevent fraud
How We Collect Information
Whether we collect certain types of information and how we process them depends on how you use and access the Services. We collect information about you in the following ways:
- From you. We collect information from you when you create an account to use the Services, contact us for help, respond to one of our surveys, provide us with feedback, or otherwise voluntarily provide us information.
- From our service providers. Third parties that assist us with the Services collect information about you that is related to the Services and share it with us.
How We Use Information About You
We use your information to provide the services, experiences, products, or information you request. We may also use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- To provide and personalize your experience with the Services
- To develop and improve the Services
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services
- To provide customer service
- To communicate with you about your transactions or use of the Services
- To allow us to contact you by phone, email, text, or otherwise, about the Services or information related to the Services
- To provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you
- To personalize advertising that you see on the Services
- To detect, investigate, prevent, and respond to fraud or any other harmful activities that could impact the safety of our users
- To carry out any contracts we have entered into related to the Services
When We Share and Disclose Information About You
We may disclose Vendor information, including pricing information, generally to the public within the Services, and may disclose such information to third parties and affiliates, including advertisers and sponsors.
We do not rent or sell information provided by Searchers to any person or entity. We may share or disclose your information with our service providers and certain third parties and affiliates as described at the time the information is collected or as follows:
- When you consent. We may share information with certain third parties if you have given us consent to do so.
- For legal purposes. We will disclose information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order, governmental request, or other legal or regulatory process.
- In aggregated form. We may share information about you in an aggregated or anonymized form—that is, in a statistical or summary form that does not include any personal identifiers—with third parties in order to discover and reveal trends about how users interact with the Services.
- During corporate changes. We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
In addition, when you use the Services, certain information will be shared with other users and the public, including some of your account information and Services’ activities. For example, the Services allow users to post reviews. This content may be publicly viewable, along with the username associated with the content, and the time that the content was posted. Through the posted content, users or site visitors may be able to view additional information about your account profile depending on the settings you have chosen for your account. We therefore strongly recommend that all users evaluate their account’s privacy settings and avoid posting personal or sensitive information on the Services at any time.
Information Storage and Security
We collect and store all of your information in the United States. We store information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For example, if you create an account, we will store your information for as long as needed to maintain your account, provide the services you request, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the Services, and maintain appropriate records to reflect our delivery of services to you. We also may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as permitted by law.
We maintain industry standard administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. While we employ reasonable efforts to safeguard your information, no system or transmission of information over the Internet is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services—any transmission is at your own risk. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you transmit through the Services and take appropriate steps to protect your information. In some cases, your information is accessible when you log into a feature we offer, and in those cases you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information is protected.
This website is intended for adults 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly solicit, collect, or store any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to create an account or otherwise use the Services. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If parents or guardians believe that we have unintentionally collected their children’s personal information, they may request the deletion of the information by contacting us at the address provided below under Contact Us.
Your Rights and Choices
- Account information. You may review and adjust your account information and privacy preferences through your account settings on the Services. You may also delete your account at any time. Please note, however, that the publicly-viewable content you posted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others unless you first delete the specific content.
- Posted content. You may remove, or request the removal of, content or information you have posted on the Services. This request can be made by contacting us at the address provided below under Contact Us. Please note that residual copies of content or information that have been deleted may remain on our backup servers. We are not required to remove posted content or information if it has been rendered anonymous or if we are required by law to retain it. Additionally, we have no control over other users who may have copied or reposted the content or information.
- Location information. We use Google Analytics, which collects anonymous information regarding your location and device used to access the Services. You may manage the use and collection of certain information by Google Analytics through the settings on the device you access the Services through.
- California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, then subject to certain limits under California law, you may request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address provided below under Contact Us.
Links To Other Websites and Services; Third-Party Practices
Please include your name, contact information, and the nature of your request so that we can appropriately respond to your communication.